Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Little Update

I know I know I haven't written in forever...who knows why... actually I do know why and it's pretty much because I am lazy is the only conclusion that I can really come to. Anyhoo so a few things have happened. Let's see... Bailey our lovely kitty I had last blogged about is now the perfect cat (however the cat repellent did not work either). She's wonderful and officially turned 1 year old on October 17th and all she needed was a little growing up. Now for my next update, I don't want any I told you so's (Jenelle)... We adopted a puppy, and her name is Penny. YES. I KNOW I KNOW. I ask myself almost every other day and wonder what we were thinking. Penny is a 4 month old beagle dachshund mix that we adopted when she was 8 weeks old. She is the most adorable puppy you have ever seen and Spencer and I fell in love with her instantly. So of course the only natural thing to do would be to adopt her! (Side note: I am no longer allowing myself to go in any Pet Stores that are having an adoption. I'm very likely to walk out with another living, breathing thing we will have to take care of.) When we saw her she was so snuggly and precious and Spencer of all people had to convince me to get her! If you could have seen his big puppy dog eyes and how much he fell for her... you would have given in too! Anyways I won't go into a rant about our lovely Penny but what I will tell you is that Spencer and I will probably never ever be getting a puppy again. I don't know if you know this, but they are obnoxious, and pee all over your house and refuse to listen or leave the poor kitty alone that just wants a moments peace. Yes we love her dearly and the moment you look into her big brown eyes and all she wants is to snuggle up with you we fall in love with her all over again and as time goes on she does improve, but there is just so much time that still needs to go on lol.

Let's see, what else. Ahhh yes. In 11 days I will be turning 24! For me I always thought that turning 25 would be my OMG I am getting old moment and heading towards my 30's. But for some odd reason 24 is giving me a bit of anxiety. I mean don't get me wrong I know it is by no means old or even getting up there any sense of the word. But it seems like just yesterday I was 18 and in pretty good shape with a wonderfully flat tummy. Only 18 was 6 years ago and about 20 pounds slimmer!! Apparently I'm not 18 anymore and it's hitting me pretty hard. So for my bday I joined the gym and I am determined to have my 18 year old body back. Oh just wait... I'll get there... at least I better for my sake lol. Now I just need to work on that will power... 1 week and 5 days and 3.5 pounds less I am still going strong. Pray for me... I need it! ;) More to come. I have a whole saga about a do it yourself project I probably should have not attempted.

No comments:

Post a Comment